Submit for Story Marathon 2015: Origins
Are you a theatre artist, musician, poet, spoken word artist etc? Do you have a short piece you would like to perform or promote?
On the 14th of March 2015, ATW will host the 2nd annual Story Marathon. Last year, over 250 visitors attended the 12 hour event at Nubuke Foundation in East Legon. This year, we aim to double attendance with the help of our new partners.
This year, the theme for the festival is “Origins”. We want to celebrate our history and culture whilst educating our young ones and ourselves.
Submit an original piece between 5 minutes and 45 minutes long that presents an origin story from Ghana (of a tribe, a historical figure, a practice, a word etc.) Note that you are submitting a performance and not a script: you are responsible for casting and rehearsing your own play/piece.
Be innovative: think outside the normal scope of stories to an area of our history or culture that is not normally explored.
All work must be your own original, completed work. If you are a musician, poet or performance artist, you must fit your piece in a 5 minute-15 minute slot
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Send a proposal to email@example.com by Saturday January 31st 2015. Include:
– Your name, contact information and CV
– A detailed description of your piece, or a script if you have one
– The duration of your piece
– Previous examples of your work (up to 5 photos/links to video/writing samples)
– Any technical requirements (eg. lights, sound, instruments)
2. Audition. You will audition before a panel of local cultural practitioners between 1st and 13th February. The selection committee will shortlist and approve the performance.
3. Workshop. Once your performance has been approved, you will participate in weekly workshops to streamline and polish your piece.
4. Perform. On 14th March, present your show along with 20 other groups and solo acts.
For inquiries/more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp 0245006185.